"What's a sweetgum™ cloth?"
-Well, it's essentially a Swedish dishcloth, although not made in Sweden. Our cloths are made in Finland.
"That still doesn't answer your question?"
-Ok, then watch this video. Pictures are better than words :)
Brahms Mount is a Maine textile mill that creates heirloom quality throws on powered antique shuttle looms. Continuing in the long tradition of textile weaving in New England, Brahms Mount is known for the high quality throws and blankets they weave. The Master Weaver is in charge of the looms and production. I took this video below of a sample being made of a custom throw I designed. The machines are big and loud but oh so cool. Watching the shuttle shoot back and forth is a David Macaulay sort of experience... remember his book "The way things work"? Watching these old machines...
Just like you, we care about our home and want it to be a healthy, happy place to live. And by "home" we mean our individual homes and our shared home- this little blue planet we call Earth.
That's why we love Swedish dishcloths so much. From the manufacturing, to use and ultimately the disposal of, these dishcloths are kind to our home.
- Made from renewable fibers (70% Cellulose & 30% Cotton)
- Printed with water based inks
- No chemicals are used in the making of our dishcloths
- 100% Biodegradable- compost after 6-9 months of use
- Each dishcloth replaces up to 17 rolls of paper towels (saving on trees and water used during the manufacturing of paper towels)